Legacy Health professional and educational conference opportunities
We offer ongoing continuing medical education programs with a wide range of learning opportunities. Our CME program includes a broad range of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ activities in the field of internal medicine, primary care and other subspecialties.
Full CME listing
Pediatric education and conferences
- Please visit the PediNet page for upcoming professional education
39th Annual Swanman Perinatal Conference - May 12-13, 2016
Reducing the risks for mother and baby
The 2016 Swanman Perinatal Conference will present two days of lectures and discussions on current perinatal topics. This conference is the 39th annual meeting, held in honor of the first nursing director at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Miss Alice Swanman. This conference features nationally recognized speakers, known for both their expertise in clinical management and contributions to perinatal knowledge.
Joel Amundson, M.D., pediatrician
Adrienne Black, CNM, consultant, speaker and educator specializing in surrogacy
Audrey Curtis, M.D., urogynecologist, Legacy Health
Thomas Hale, Ph.D., author, “Medications and Mother’s Milk”
Laurie Perron Mednick, CPM, ICCE, midwife and health educator
Lauren Rose, M.D., medical director, newborn nurseries, Legacy Health
Sean Sweeney, D.O., neonatologist, Northwest Newborn Specialists
Martin P. Walker M.D., specialist, maternal fetal medicine
Multnomah Athletic Club
1849 S.W. Salmon St.
Portland, OR 97205
Brochures NOW available click here
***Click here to register
33rd Annual Radiation Oncology Seminar - May 14, 2016
Designed for any individual involved in the administration of radiation treatment for cancer and/or the care of radiation oncology patients, including administrators, dosimetrists, physicists, radiation therapists, nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, dietitians or other health care professionals.
- Interpret scientifically substantiated evidence in support of the practice of mindfulness and meditation.
- Identify roles of surgery, radiation and medical oncology in oral, head and neck cancer care.
- Review common gynecologic malignancies in terms of surgical and medical oncology treatment.
- Describe the role of radiation therapy for different gynecologic cancer sites.
- Recognize and identify factors that add to patient unease, discomfort and confusion in terms of communication specific to radiation oncology’s most challenging patients.
- Identify the benefits of breast hypofractionation.
- Discuss the factors associated with acute skin toxicity for breast cancer treatment.
Date/Time: May 14, 2016, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Multnomah Athletic Club 1849 SW Salmon St. Portland, Oregon 97205
*Parking is free in structure across the street.
Download the event's brochure for the schedule and list of speakers and topics. - Click here.
To register for the Radiation Oncology Seminar - Click here.
Eye Vitals: An Ophthalmology Update
Learn the basics of eye care in the primary care, inpatient, emergency and trauma setting. Presented by Legacy Devers Eye Institute.
Audience: Primary care providers, hospitalists, emergency medicine providers, trauma surgeons, physician assistants, fellows and residents
Date/Time: June 10, 2016, 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Location: Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center
Fee: $35; free for residents and fellows
Breakfast and beverages provided.
Questions? Contact Kelsey Oakes (koakes (at) deverseye.org)
***Click here to register.