Healthy Heart education lectures
The Cardiac Rehabilitation programs at Legacy Good Samaritan and Legacy Meridian Park Medical Centers are pleased to offer free education lectures to help heart patients achieve their best cardiovascular health. The lectures are intended for people who have recently had heart attacks, angina or heart surgery, or are at risk for heart problems. Families are encouraged to attend as well. Our speakers include:
- Exercise physiologists
When and where
Legacy Good Samaritan - Two 45-minute lecture are offered on Wednesday morning at 7:45 a.m. and 10:15 a.m., in the third floor conference room at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center. Pre-registration is requested by calling 503-413-6723 or signing the clipboard by the cardiac gym.
Legacy Meridian Park - Lectures are offered Monday morning at 9:15 a.m. in the Cardiac Rehab Conference Room. Pre-registration is requested by calling 503-692-2548.
A wide range of topics
An example of the lecture topics include:
- The Truth Behind Those Food Labels
- Age Defying Fitness: Preserve Your Sense of Balance
- Not All Fats Are Created Equal
- Cardiac Medications: What Do You Need to Know?
- Eat Smart When Dining Out
- Stress and Emotional Health
- Good Carbs: The Secret to Heart Health
- Cardiac Maintenance
- Eat More to Weigh Less
- Healthy Shopping and Label Reading
- Anatomy of a Heart Attack
- Diet and Inflammation
- And more!