Legacy's Trauma Nurses Talk Tough program presents more than 450 school presentations each year for children ages five to 18:
- Bike Wheels to Steering Wheels - The curriculum for middle school students and science classes links science and safety by exploring how Newton's Laws connect with traffic safety principles.
- Family Driver Education is offered to school driver's education teachers to serve at Parent Night to meet the ODOT requirement of parent involvement. A modified classroom presentation, School Driver Education is also available.
- Graduated Driver's Licensing (GDL) Workshops are three-hour evening classes in which parent education staff and trauma nurses team up to provide driver safety education tips for teens and their parents.
- Trauma Nurses Talk Tough to Kids About Life/Bike Safety is designed for children in kindergarten through seventh grades, and their parents, and focuses on bicycle and auto safety.
- Trauma Nurses talk Tough to Teens About Life/Auto Safety is designed for teenagers and uses facts, figures and a fairly graphic slide presentation to demonstrate the reality of the effects of unsafe driving behavior, plus underage alcohol or other drug use.