Children have different needs, illnesses and injuries than adults. That is why Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel has an ER just for kids, open 24 hours a day.
Studies have shown that children have better results when treated at a hospital that specializes in pediatric care. Our children’s emergency department is staffed by doctors and nurses who specialize in children's emergency care. Our location on the Legacy Emanuel campus provides quick access to pediatric medical and surgical specialists, as well as experts in trauma, burn and critical care.
Expert Emergency Care - Just for Kids
Every part of our Children’s Emergency Department is designed with children and families in mind. From our comfortable, spacious waiting area to our 22 private treatment rooms featuring state-of-the art equipment designed specifically for kids - from newborns to teenagers.
Our Children’s Emergency Department features:
- Care provided by physicians who specialize in pediatric emergency care
- 22 private rooms, including four rooms for critically ill children
- Pediatric X-ray room and CT scanner
- Access to our medical staff of pediatric medical and surgical specialists, sub-specialists and hospitalists
- Access to Legacy Oregon Burn Center, the leading burn center between Seattle and Sacramento
- Free valet parking from 10 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week
When does a child need emergency care?
These guidelines can help: When to take your child to the ER
Emergency consent when you are away
For extra peace of mind, we suggest that you fill out an emergency consent form and leave it with your babysitter or temporary guardian in case you're not available when your child needs emergency care. Children's Emergency Consent Form
Mental health concerns
Patients experiencing mental health concerns will be evaluated by an emergency physician and, if needed, by a psychiatrist to determine if hospital admission or other course of treatment is recommended. Learn more about our behavioral health and psychiatric services.