Volunteers are an integral part of Legacy Health. Find out how to get involved.
Is volunteering for you?
- Can you make a weekly commitment for one year?
- Are you compassionate and want to help others?
- Are you willing to learn?
Then Legacy welcomes your help! Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Greeting visitors and providing information and directions
- Assisting at fundraising and community events
- Escorting patients
- Courier service
- Beverage cart
- Hosting at Green Gables Guest House
- Visiting children in pediatrics
- Special projects
- Volunteering with Legacy Hospice
- Volunteering with Legacy Research Institute
- Medical transportation with Legacy Silverton Medical Center CareVan
Above and beyond the satisfaction of serving others, Legacy volunteers receive:
- Courtesy meal pass
- Invitation to recognition events
- Service awards
- Use of fitness centers at employee rates
- Educational workshops
- Annual flu vaccine, subject to availability
- Free parking
Different volunteer opportunities are available at each Legacy facility.
If you're interested in volunteering, please call the hospital location where you would like to volunteer:
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center: 360-487-1040 (minimum age 14 and enrolled in high school)
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center: 503-692-2270 (minimum age 16)
- Randall Children's at Legacy Emanuel: 503-276-6950 (minimum age 16 for gift shop and 18 out of high school for nursing units)
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center: 503-413-7012 (minimum age 14 and enrolled in high school)
- Legacy Emanuel Medical Center: 503-413-4839 (minimum age 16)
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center: 503-674-1547 (minimum age 14 and enrolled in high school)
- Legacy Silverton Medical Center: 503-873-1786 (minimum age is 16)
Download the fillable Volunteer Application.
Thank you for sharing your time with us!